Christian music stars Zach Williams and For King & Country top the list of artist nominees for the 51st annual Gospel Music Association Dove Awards.
The Nashville-based association revealed its 2020 nominees on Thursday. Williams and For King & Country each have five nominations, and both are up for Artist of the Year. They’re trailed closely by Hillsong Worship, Kirk Franklin and Jonathan McReynolds, each with four nods apiece.
But another, first-time nominee will likely earn a disproportionate amount of attention: Kanye West.
The polarizing rapper (and now, a presidential candidate) is up for three awards, stemming from his 2019 album “Jesus Is King,” which dominated the Christian and gospel charts upon its release.
As is often the case, the Doves’ actual top nominee is a behind-the-scenes figure: producer and songwriter Jason Ingram, who tops the overall list with eight nominations. Other first-time nominees include Gloria Gaynor, We The Kingdom and Unspoken.
Since 2013, the ceremony has been held in Nashville at Lipscomb University’s Allen Arena. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s show will be a “broadcast-only celebration” with pre-recorded performances and acceptance speeches.
It will air Friday, October 30 on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).
Artist of the Year:
Song of the Year:
- “Almost Home” (songwriters) Barry Graul, Bart Millard, Ben Glover, Mike Scheuchzer, Nathan Cochran (publishers) 9t One Songs, Ariose Music, So Sappy Music, Tunes of Mercyme
- “Burn The Ships” (songwriters) Joel Smallbone, Luke Smallbone, Matt Hales, Seth Mosley (publishers) CentricSongs, Kilns Music, Method of the Madness, Shankle Songs, Shaun Shaenkle Pub Designee, Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., WC Music Group
- “Deliver Me (This Is My Exodus) (songwriters) Desmond Davis, Donald Lawrence, Marshon Lewis, Robert Woolridge (publishing) QW Publishing, Williams Stokes Publishing House and Primary Wave Bears, Shonnamacmusic, ROB BASS INC, Desmond Davis Designee
- “Dead Man Walking” (songwriters) Emily Weisband, Jeremy Camp, Jordan Sapp (publishers) Capitol CMG Paragon, Only In You Publishing, Songs By J Sapp
- “Holy Water” (songwriters) Andrew Bergthold, Ed Cash, Franni Cash, Marin Cash, Scott Cash (publishers) Andrew Bergthold Designee, Capitol CMG Genesis, We The Kingdom ASCAP Designee, We The Kingdom Music
- “King of Kings” (songwriters) Brooke Ligertwood, Jason Ingram, Scott Ligertwood (publishers) Fellow Ships Music, Hillsong Music Publishing Australia, So Essential Tunes
- “Love Theory” (songwriter) Kirk Franklin, (publisher) Aunt Gertrude Music Publishing LLC
- “Nobody” (songwriters) Bernie Herms, Mark Hall, Matthew West (publishers) Be Essential Songs, Highly Combustible Music, House of Story Music Publishing, My Refuge Music, One77 Songs
- “Rescue” (songwriters) Jason Ingram, Lauren Daigle, Paul Mabury (publishers) CentricSongs, Fellow Ships Music, Flychild Publishing, See You At The Pub, So Essential Tunes
- “Rescue Story” (songwriter) Andrew Ripp, Ethan Hulse, Jonathan Smith, Zach Williams (publishers) Anthems of Hope, Be Essential Songs, Cashagamble Jet Music, EGH Music Publishing, Songs By Fishbone, Wisteria Drive
- “See A Victory” (songwriters) Ben Fielding, Chris Brown, Jason Ingram, Steven Furtick (publishers) Fellow Ships Music, Music By Elevation Worship Publishing, SHOUT! Music Publishing Australia, So Essential Tunes
- “The God Who Stays” (songwriters) AJ Pruis, Jonathan Smith, Matthew West (publishers) Be Essential Songs, Cashagamble Jet Music, Combustion Five, Highly Combustible Music, O77 Songs, Two Story House Music
- “Way Maker” (songwriters) Osinachi Kalu Okoro Egbu (publisher) Integrity Music Europe
New Artist of the Year:
- Chris Renzema
- Cochren & Co.
- Elle Limebear
- We The Kingdom
Gospel Artist of the Year:
- Jekalyn Carr
- Jonathan McReynolds
- Kirk Franklin
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- Travis Greene
Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year:
- “NOBODY” – Casting Crowns (feat. Matthew West) – (songwriters) Bernie Herms, Matthew West, Mark Hall
- “Burn The Ships” – for KING & COUNTRY– (songwriters) Joel Smallbone, Luke Smallbone, Seth Mosley, Matt Hales
- “Dead Man Walking” – Jeremy Camp – (songwriters) Jeremy Camp, Emily Weisband, Jordan Sapp
- “Rescue” – Lauren Daigle – (songwriters) Jason Ingram, Lauren Daigle, Paul Mabury
- “Holy Water” – We The Kingdom – (songwriters) Andrew Bergthold, Ed Cash, Franni Cash, Martin Cash, Scott Cash
Contemporary Gospel Recorded Song of the Year:
- “Blessings on Blessings” – Anthony Brown & group therAPy – (songwriter) Anthony Brown
- “Won’t Be Moved” – Gene Moore – (songwriters) – Bryan Sledge, Cedric Smith, Demeon Reeves
- “People” – Jonathan McReynolds – (songwriter) Jonathan McReynolds
- “B!g” – Pastor Mike Jr. – (songwriters) Michael McClure, Curtiss Glenn, Rodney Turner
- “Truly Amazing God” – Travis Greene – (songwriter) Travis Greene
Gospel Worship Recorded Song of the Year:
- “Miracle Worker” – JJ Hairston – (songwriter) Rich Tolbert Jr.
- “Something Has To Break” (Live) – Kierra Sheard, featuring Tasha Cobbs Leonard – (songwriters) J. Drew Sheard, Kierra Valencia Sheard, Mia Fieldes, Jonathan Smith
- “Promises” – Maverick City Music – (songwriters) Aaron Moses, Lemuel Marin, Carrington Gaines, Dante Bowe, Joe L. Barnes, Keila Alvarado
- “Proverbs 3” – Todd Dulaney – (songwriters) Todd Dulaney, Jaylen Moore, Isaac Tarver
- “Only You Can Satisfy” (Live) – William McDowell and Chris Lawson (songwriters) William McDowell, Chandler Moore
Worship Recorded Song of the Year:
- “King of Kings” (Live at Qudos Band Arena, Sydney, AU/2019) – Hillsong Worship – (songwriters) Brooke Ligertwood, Scott Ligertwood, Jason Ingram
- “Goodness of God” – Jenn Johnson – (songwriters) Ben Fielding, Brian Johnson, Jenn Johnson, Ed Cash, Jason Ingram
- “The Blessing” (Live) – Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes, Elevation Worship – (songwriters) Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes, Chris Brown, Steven Furtick
- “Way Maker” – Leeland – (songwriter) Osinachi Okoro
- “Great Things” – Phil Wickham – (songwriter) Phil Wickham, Jonas Myrin
Rap/Hip Hop Album of the Year:
- Not By Chance – Aaron Cole
- Work in Progress – Andy Mineo
- HEATHEN – GAWVI
- Jesus Is King – Kanye West
- MOOD // DOOM – Social Club Misfits
Rock/Contemporary Album of the Year:
- Out of Body – Apollo LTD
- War – Demon Hunter
- Love Letter – Disciple
- Declaration – Red
- Victorious – Skillet
Pop/Contemporary Recorded Album of the Year:
- THE STORY’S NOT OVER – Jeremy Camp
- Citizens of Heaven – Tauren Wells
- Reason – Unspoken
- Live At The Wheelhouse – We The Kingdom
- Rescue Story – Zach Williams
Check out full list HERE
SonsHub Latest Updates
Event: Virtual Edition Of “The Ark” Worship Experience With Moji Alawiye PMA
“October 1,2020, Nigeria’s Independence will be 60years….6 decades of ONE NATION BOUND yet in freedom…
“Since I was 8 years old, I have hoped to live ‘My Nigerian Dream’
“The Nation has moved from one Political Party to another, From this Tribe and then to the other, it’s been a rollercoaster experience towards ‘the Nigerian Dream’ Some even said, there is no such thing as a Nigerian Dream.
Nigeria has been in Warfare though but VICTORY IS WON even as we join forces together in WORSHIP AND PRAISE THIS OCTOBER 1, 2020 (2 Chronicles 20:20)
A new season in Nigeria is upon us…as we worship, God will usher us into a new realm of Glory. I can boldly say, welcome to the Nigeria of your dream
My name is Moji Alawiye, and I would like to invite you to this virtual Worship Experience Live.
DATE: October 1st, 2020
WATCH US LIVE ON
YouTube: PMA TV
Dstv Channel 253 (AIT NETWORK)
GO TV: Channel 93 (AIT NETWORK)
Star Times : Channel 185. (NFTV ) other selected TV Channels and on all our social media platform.
SonsHub Latest Updates
FreeNation Inc Signs New Artist Nimix
Freenation Inc takes on a brand new artist under her label with the official signing of Nigerian Urban contemporary gospel artist Nimix. Freenation is the music label home for Award Winning Gospel artist Ada Ehi, and now officially welcomes a second artist to the family with the signing of Nimix.
The South African based Nigerian artist Ejigbo Ojonimi Abraham known popularly as Nimix is an Urban contemporary artist, musician and producer, with a unique touch for Afro-fusion and Contemporary Gospel sounds. Starting his music career in 2014, as a rapper, Nimix has evolved over the years to become a well-rounded contemporary act. In 2019 he released his debut album “KILIMANJARO’ which included singles such as ‘Kilimanjaro’, ‘Open Doors’ and more. Most recently in March 2020 at the wake of the novel Covid 19 global pandemic, Nimix released “Pray”, a timely inspirational song which featured acts like Olawale, Gwambe, Limoblaze, Razphils, Nolly and Natty Prof. He went on to to create a musical comical video which went viral on Social Media in June 2020, gaining more than 9.5million views on Tiktok and got him interviewed by BBC Africa.
Nimix is a versatile producer who has worked with artists such as Nosa, Joel Amadi, Henrisoul, Dj Ernesty, Oche, Nikki Laoye and a lot more.
The newly signed artist is now the second artist to be signed by the successful music label Freenation Inc, and he becomes the first label mate to one of Nigeria’s most popular and outstanding gospel artiste Ada Ehi.
Find below the photos of Nimix signing his contract with Freenation Inc. [in the presence of a representative] this year. He is scheduled to unveil a lineup of new song releases and projects under his new family.
SonsHub Latest Updates
Daddy Freeze Apologizes To Bishop Oyedepo For Insulting Him
Popular OAP Daddy Freeze took to his Instagram to tender an apology to Bishop Oyedepo for insulting him in a video recorded about 2 years ago that surfaced online. This is after Ibiyeomie, Founder and General Overseer of Salvation Ministries, threatened to arrest him and also pastor Enenche described Daddy Freeze as a mad dog who is suffering from bipolar disease
He took to his Instagram and tendered apology in a video. Watch Below..
My attention has been drawn to a video I released circa two years, seven months ago while addressing some pertinent issues that arose back then. I apologise for the delivery of my message and for any insult to Bishop David Oyedepo in that video as I didn’t in any way intend to dishonour, disrespect or disregard the person of the bishop.
The perceived intention to the contrary is regretted. My methods of addressing doctrinal issues have long since devolved to a more scriptural and less confrontational approach. I was, and still, very passionate in my quest to address what I believe are unresolved doctrinal issues, however, from a more amiable perspective.”
SonsHub Latest Updates
- ALBUM/EP2 months ago
Lecrae – Restoration [Mp3+ Zip Album Download]
- ALBUM/EP3 months ago
Tasha Cobbs Leonard – INTERCESSION [Mp3 + Zip EP Download]
- Gospel Music1 month ago
DOWNLOAD MP3: Lecrae – Restore Me
- MOVIES2 months ago
ABATTOIR (Episode 6) – DOWNLOAD MOUNT ZION LATEST MOVIE
- AFRICAN1 month ago
DOWNLOAD MP3: Mr M & Revelation – God No Go Shame Us
- MOVIES3 months ago
ABATTOIR (Episode 2) – DOWNLOAD MOUNT ZION LATEST MOVIE
- AFRICAN1 month ago
DOWNLOAD MP3: Chika Arya – The Name Of Jesus
- MOVIES2 months ago
ABATTOIR (Episode 4) – DOWNLOAD MOUNT ZION LATEST MOVIE